As promised, here are some easy egg substitutes for cooking and baking.
Substitutes (each the equivalent of one egg):
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water (the best!)
- ¼ cup applesauce
- ½ banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons water + 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons Arrowroot flour + 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons corn starch + 1 tablespoon water
- ½ cup tofu, blended
- Ener-G Egg Replacer (always in our pantry!)
- Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer
If you’re looking for something to usurp the usual morning scramble, you must check out this recipe for Scrambled Tofu from Isa Chandra Moskowitz’s blog, The Post Punk Kitchen. Really creative ideas that make scrambled tofu into something special. The PPK site is an amazing resource for all kinds of vegan recipes, and Isa’s cookbooks are high on my personal faves list.